So I started to look at items of clothing and I myself had a few knitted tops so I looked at what they are made of and how they act when pulled and that.
This hoodie was made off 100% cotton and felt warm, cosy and inviting. Light can pass through it on single layer and double is less but that is to be expected. It stretchs more with the knitting then against it. ill show this in a drawing. I like the cotton and i feel that with light spines the stretch would not be a problem or as much of one.
The other cardigan on the other hand is made of 100% acrylic. It does not feel as soft or nice as the cotton. It feels weaker when pulled and i just prefer the cotton if i am honest. I think there is a lot more that can be done with the cotton and that there is more chance of making different patterns.

No comments:
Post a Comment